Das 22.Schilager der Melscouts am Hochkar

MEIN Schilager 2007, von 3.-10.2. in Ruzomberok mit Christoph und Daniel

MEIN PRAGBESUCH von 23.-25.2.
Ich fuhr mit Christoph und Daniel nach Prag um mich mit Pfadfindern - den 3 Martins - Martin Rosa/Mluvka, Martin Ludvik/Mato und Martin Latiak, sowie unseren langjährigen Freunden aus Conisbro' - Joan, Ron, Frieda, Ray und David zu treffen.
Martin Latiak quartierte unser Auto in seine Garage ein, wir logierten gleich neben dem Bahnhof in einer Jugendherberge. Wir erkundeten die Altstadt, gingen über die Karlsbrücke zur Burg, dinierten mit unseren Freunden, planten die Sommerreise... leider war es im Gegensatz zum Jänner recht kühl und feucht gewesen. Trotzdem hat uns Prag sehr gefallen und wir werden wohl nocheinmal hinfahren.

Die Suche nach der Jahrhundertpatrulle am 20.4.07 am Liechtenstein.

MEIN Besuch in Portugal bei Pedros Hochzeit in Leiria (17.-24.5.07)
Our Wedding-trip to Portugal
Wed. 16th of May I took the train at 21:50 from Westbahnhof/Vienna to Bratislava hl. St. to meet Rado. Together we took a taxi (quite expensive) to Mlada Garda, a youth-hostel in an old students home. We had a long chat until we fell asleep.
17 th , we got up at 7 o'clock and took a cheap taxi to the airport. At 8 we checked in and had a sandwich for breakfast. We flew at 10 with Ryanair to London Stansted, where we had to wait 7 hours for the next flight to Oporto in Portugal . We had sandwiches and chocolate to pass the time. Arrived at 21 in Porto to find out that I couldn't send a sms to Pedro. So we got to the car-rental (Hertz) where we found out that the rental was about double price than expected when we used a diesel-car instead of gasoline and an insurance also for vandalism. Then we drove to Leiria, guarded by my new navi-sys. On the way we tried to call Pedro, but none of the providers accepted our mobile. We were searching for a place to stay overnight because we didn't have a clue where to meet with either Jose-Henrique or with Pedro (they were waiting with some beers at the town-square for us until 1 o'clock). So we drove (passing the town square) to Batalha to the scout-site, where we went to grass (bed) at 3 o'clock.
18 th we got up at about 9, driving to Leiria to find some breakfast and a mobile-shop. Bought a Vodafone-card with bonus for 10 Euro to find out that it only works with Vodafone until charged with extra money. Charging only possible at Multibanco, but not with non-portuguese creditcard or Maestro (took us 5 different Multibancos to find out). A nice shop-asistent in a bank helped us out. So we were able to call Pedro at lunchtime to meet in the town square. He took us to Jose's house in Boa Vista, in the outskirts of Leiria. After a short refreshing time Jose took us to a restaurant for lunch, where we ate Spanferkel. After that we had a nap and waited for Pedros instructions how to help him. After his call we drove to Leiria Castle to meet him in “Pedros Church”. We helped out with cutting the menue cards for the tables for the wedding-dinner. After that we drove to the Continente-Mall and bought T-shirt, sandals and a memory-card for the camera. Then Pedro invited us for dinner in a nice Portuguese restaurant. Later, back at Jose, we had a long chat about god and the world.
19 th: Saturday – wedding day! Got up at 10 and went to Nazare to walk in the cold wind along the misty beach. Very few people at the beach. On the way back we climbed Bartholomews rock (outlook) and after we went back to Jose. We changed clothes (suit and tie) and drove to the castle, where we spent some time sitting in the arcades and watching a wedding in the main church and a student procession. Then we met at the church to film Pedro and bride arriving. I also filmed most of the ceremony in the church. After church we all (about 300 people) drove to Quinta Paulo where lots of little snacks were prepared, which were eaten while Teresa and Pedro were posing for the photographer (without food). After the pictures was the wedding banquet with about 5 courses of delicious food, music, dancing, wedding cake… We stayed until the music ended, made lots of friends, arranged a place to stay in Lisbon, and drove home to Jose early morning (2:30).
20 th: Sunday. We had a chat in the morning with our host and drove then to Sintra. At arrival we had a nap in the car because it was raining. After 2 hours we explored the city and its beautiful but falling apart old town. Then we drove up to the old Moorish Castle, where we climbed around, afraid, that the wind would blow us from the walls. Afterwards we drove via Belem to Lisbon , where we parked at our usual parking house near the centre. We walked up and down Downtown and found also the Hard Rock Café. We sponsored a man from Angola who had studied in Germany, went back to Angola and escaped from the army to flee to Portugal. Later at night we met Ana-Maria at her flat, where we also stayed over night. We had a delicious soup and a long chat about what to see in Lisbon.
21 st: Monday. After breakfast we rode by Metro to Campo Pagano to see the arena for the bull-fights, now also a shopping mall. Then we visited the parc of Eduardo VII with the monument of the revolution. We walked down to Downtown to catch the bus up to the castle. We watched a media-show about Lisbon history and had a walk round the castle walls. After we walked down to praca de comercio to catch a citytour-bus through the eastern parts of the city (the newer part of Lisbon ). Then we visited an exhibition about Rainer Werner Fassbinder in the cinema-museum. We took the Metro back to Ana-Maria and helped her cooking the dinner. Carlos came too and we had a nice dinner, a long chat and watched the pictures from Pedros wedding.
22 nd. Tuesday. Left Ana-Marias flat with leaving some flowers, drove first to Obidos, where we walked around the city walls and visited the town museum. After we drove to Alcobaca where we looked at the famous couple Pedro and Ines in the cathedral. It was cold again so we drove back to Jose. He took us to Lionel who showed us his crazy driving style while he drove us to Nazare and a nice place for dinner (meat and fruit). Back in Leiria we went for a beer with Lionel, Jose, Paulo, his wife and Sonia. Then Jose drove us home.
23 rd. Wednesday. Got up at 9, had breakfast and shower and went to lunch with Jose at 1o'clock. Then we left for Porto , having a little nap on the way at a parking place. Porto was warm and we took a boat trip to the 5 bridges along the Douro . We walked along the ribeira, took the elevator up to the old town and strolled along the crambling houses. As it started to rain we drove to the airport and hat dinner in a little restaurant nearby. We slept in the car after I finished reading my book.
24 th. Thursday. Returned car at Hertz and checked in at the airport. Then we had breakfast at the airport and caught the plane to London. In Stansted we had to wait again 7 hours and arrived a little bit too late in Bratislava, where I missed my favourite train to Vienna. So I took the train 10 mins to 12 which arrived in Meidling at quarter past one. Lucky enough I had a train to Moedling where I managed to get a taxi to Brunn. Fell into bed at 4 in the morning.

MEIN Pfingstlager von 26.-29.5. in Ottenstein
Kurz nach dem Schlafengehen nach Portugal gleich wieder auf um 7 damit der Anhänger noch ein Pickerl kriegt, einkaufen zum Fuchs, Hofer, ... und dann vorbereiten. Um 14:00 kam Dominic, kurz darauf Christoph, Daniel, David und Max. Stress mit Materialvorbereitungen, Einkaufen, Auto bepacken, Radfahren bis Samstag 14 Uhr, als wir endlich Richtung Ottenstein losfuhren (um 4 Stunden später als geplant).
Am Campingplatz wählten wir uns einen größeren Platz und bauten Zelte und die Küche auf. Die Kinder durften ihre ersten Bünde praktisch erproben. Da es sehr heiß war verbrachten wir viel Zeit am Stausee, paddelten im See herum,... Die Kinder durften, in 2 Patrullen eingeteilt, kochen, abwaschen, Chips (große Gummischleuder) bauen, geschirrlos kochen am Lagerfeuer, ... Sie lernten, dass schlampig gemachte Bünde beim Schleuderbau hinderlich sind, da das Gestell dann zerfällt.... In der Nacht von Montag auf Dienstag regnete es leicht, es gelang uns aber trotzdem, die Zelte und das restliche Material trocken einzupacken. Am Nachmittag waren wir wieder zuhause und verstauten die Ausrüstung in der Garage.

Das Waldfest 2007 am 23. und 24. Juni

MEINE Sommerreise GREECE-2007 von 7.-28.7. 2007
We had a really good time all together, Lucie, Ivca and Martin (Mluvka) from Novy Jicin in CR, Andrei and Stsiapan from Gomel in Belarus and Daniel, David and Max from Vienna (and me). It was really hot all time, no drop of rain, just sunshine. The whole story will follow soon. Now only the pictures with comments. Berti

Besuch im Slowakischen Paradies von 26.-28.10.2007

Beim BARNDANCE in Conisbrough und die Rundreise 1.-5.11.2007

Begräbnis in der Hinterbrühl für Gernot Knyrim am 7.12.2007
Mag. Gernot Knyrim, * 22.3.1969, † 24.11.2007
Meine Abschiedsrede nach der Auferstehungsmesse in der Hinterbrühler Kirche:
"Liebe Trauergemeinde, liebe Pfadfinder,
im Oktober 79 kam Gernot erstmals zu den Pfadfindern und in die Patrulle Adler. Er war von Anfang an begeisterter Pfadi und auch bei allen Aktivitäten dabei. Er wurde nach 4 Jahren Kornett und mit 16 beschlossen Hupfi und er nicht die Cäx- sondern die aktivere Assistentenlaufbahn bei den Guides und Spähern einzuschlagen. Er war dann bis 1996 Führer bei den GuSp und anschließend Führer bei den Wichtel und Wölflingen bis 2000. Dann zog er sich aus beruflichen Gründen etwas zurück, war aber bei den größeren Aktionen immer dabei.
Er war immer da, wenn es etwas zu tun gab, ob als ehrwürdiger großer Nikolo, als römischer Senator am Sommerlager in Leibnitz, oder als böser Wolf in „der Wolf und die 7 Geißlein“.
Was wir immer an ihm bewunderten, war seine ruhige Art. Er war durch nichts aus der Ruhe zu bringen. Egal, ob mitten in der Nacht sein englisches Zelt einstürzte, oder sein Kanu am Sommerlager in Schweden versank.
Ich werde nie unser gemeinsames Überlebenslager vergessen, wo wir uns die Hühner für das Mittagessen selber fangen durften. Geköpft hat sie der Bauer, gerupft, ausgenommen und gegrillt die Teilnehmer. Es war jedoch allen, außer Gernot, der Appetit auf Huhn vergangen. Gernot war der Einzige, der sein Huhn verzehrte.
Wenn es große Aufregung oder Probleme gab, war er immer der ruhende Pol, der besonnen Lösungsmöglichkeiten erwägte und vorschlug, und alle beruhigte. Er hatte den Ruf, dass man neben ihm ein Feuerwerk abschießen könnte, und er trotzdem weiterschlafen würde.
Er liebte das Pfadileben, egal ob Heimstunde, Amerikareise oder das Schlafen in der selbstgegrabenen Schneehöhle.
Erst vor wenigen Wochen haben wir uns in München im Englischen Garten getroffen und über unsere gemeinsamen Abenteuer unsere Arbeit und aktuelle Themen geplaudert. Es will mir nicht in den Kopf, dass ich ihn jetzt nicht mehr treffen werde können.
Er war einer meiner treuesten Anhänger und Unterstützer meiner Ideen. Er hat die Pfadfinderidee gelebt. Und er wusste immer einen Ausweg für alle Probleme, bis auf dieses letzte Mal.
Ich hatte gehofft, dass er dereinst eine Abschiedsrede für mich halten würde, und nicht umgekehrt. Ich bin zutiefst betroffen, und möchte Babsi und den Kindern meine volle Unterstützung zusichern.

Ich möchte mit den Schlusssätzen der Abschiedsrede des Pfadfindergründers an unsere Pfadis enden:
Das eigentliche Glück aber findet Ihr darin, dass Ihr andere glücklich macht. Versucht, die Welt ein bisschen besser zurückzulassen, als Ihr sie vorgefunden habt. Wenn dann Euer Leben zu Ende geht, mögt Ihr ruhig sterben im Bewusstsein, Eure Zeit nicht vergeudet, sondern immer Euer Bestes getan zu haben.
Seid in diesem Sinn ´allzeit bereit´, um glücklich zu leben und glücklich zu sterben. - Haltet Euch immer an das Pfadfinderversprechen, auch dann, wenn Ihr keine Kinder mehr seid.
Euer Baden Powell
Ich bin mir sicher dass das auch für Gernot zugetroffen hat.
Gut Pfad auf deinem letzten Weg. Dein Berti "
Bilder aus Gernots Pfadfinderleben